County Recorder - Andrea Allen
The Recorder's Office records documents pertaining to real estate property and maintains cross-reference indexes to these records. The Recorder's Office is also required to maintain a set of maps which show the current ownership of every tract of land in the entire county.
The records are open for public inspection and copies of documents may be purchased at this office or you may access and peruse our records online at any time. We do not charge access or copy fees for our online records, unlike many other counties in Utah.
Functions of the County Recorder
What We Do
- Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record.
- Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats
- Assist the public in locating records
- Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge
- Sell copies of documents and plats to the public
- Provide certified copies of documents for a fee. These may be recorded in the office of any other County Recorder in the State. (Utah Codes 17-21-4, 57-3-104)
What We Don't Do
- Prepare Legal Documents
- Notarize Documents
- Interpret legal documents
- Provide engineering services for the public
- Give legal advice
- Perform title searches for the public
- Furnish legal descriptions over the telephone
- Do research over the telephone
The Utah County Recorder's Office presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. We have tried to ensure that the information contained in this electronic document is accurate. The Recorder's Office makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of the information is the responsibility of the user. The Recorder's Office shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein.